One of the big events which the Korea Forest Service is planning this year is to host the 6th International Wildland Fire Conference (IWFC). The conference is to be held from 12 to 16 October in Pyeongchang, Gangwon Province. It will provide an arena for all stakeholders to share knowledge and experience of fire management methodology pertaining to conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
Under the theme of 'Fire of the Past, Fire in Future', 5 plenary session topics and 10 parallel session topics are decided as follows:
1. Legacy of fire
2. Community and wildland fire
3. Towards a cohesive global fire management strategy
4. Application of technology to wildland fire management
5. Protecting the global natural and cultural heritage from fire
1. Wildland fire and ecosystems
2. Wildland fire governance / policy
3. Advanced technologies for wildland fire management
4. Wildland fire and society
5. Wildland fire safety and risk management
6. Firefighting in Incident Command System (ICS)
7. Aerial firefighting and resource sharing / International Cooperation
8. Knowledge from country experience
9. Fuel Management
10. Others (Climate, Mountain Meteorology, Weather Measurement, etc.)
The Scientific Committee of the IWFC is inviting proposals for oral and poster presentation. The deadline of the abstract submission is on the 31st of March, 2015. The details can be found on the attached file #1.
There will be also an opportunity for private sector to show their fire-related products and create business relations in Exhibition. Please see the details on the attached file #2.